A reaction or so-called response paper is a type of research paper which includes reading and analyzing of the text or any other piece of information or media content, then writing all your thoughts and feelings about it. Generally, it is a reaction to a text, but also it can be a response to a controversial question, comprising of two related texts, an interview of a famous entrepreneur or just your impressions of a movie.The one should not forget to provide reliable data and appropriate references to justify their arguments and ideas.The following tips can help with essay.
How to Write a Good Reaction Paper
- The first step includes extensive reading and critical thinking. Analyze everything you read in order to support your ideas in writing. Try to look on things from another perspective and think out of the box.
- It is important to provide justification to your statements as you are to not just summarize the text, but write your own thoughts on the author’s message.
- Collect all the information, question it and start making evaluative judgments. For instance, you can write out the quotation that may be useful for you.
The topic of your work
- Stick to the orders that your teacher has given you.
- You can be required to provide your thought on almost any perspective of the text. For instance, the instructor can ask you to evaluate or analyze the text, compare characters of the story, give your opinion on different events and decisions of the characters or unveil an idea of the text.
- Do not be afraid to ask question about the task if you do not understand what the instructor wants to see in the paper.
- The first time you read you only get acquainted with the plot, main characters and the setting of the novel. And only then, after subsequent reading you start thinking about the task and form your own opinion about the text.
- Consequently, it is important to read over and over again provided piece of information in order to have time to think about it and consider ideas. The more times you reread the text, more new information and justification you will find useful for your work.
Writing down your ideas
- After a chain of subsequent reading, list down your feelings and thoughts about it, form key points of your assignment using such phrases as I believe…, I thought…, In my opinion…, I suppose… don’t forget to utilize transitions in your essay!
- At the first stage, you can simply comment on various quotations you have written out during reading.
- Ask yourself question about the text you are analyzing: What is the author message? How does the author convey their thematic message? What problems does the author try to draw the reader’s attention to? What does the author tell us about the maim characters? What ways do they use to show weak and strong sides of the main heroes?
Developing your thesis/Ñlaim
- Thesis is used to demonstrate the importance of your ideas.
- Make the thesis and be brief, so anyone who reads your work will be able to understand the content and the problem of your research.
- Do not forget that your thesis reflects what you are going to analyze and evaluate thus be sure that you have enough evidence and justification to support your argument.
Determining the scope and the structure of your paper
- Reaction paper has the same basic format as any other type of work: introduction paragraph, several body paragraphs and conclusion paragraph.
- Reread your notes with evaluations and comments on the author’s thematic message and choose ideas which you like the most. Gather them into topics which you will turn into the paragraphs.
- Every paragraph starts with a reaction or a quotation. Comment on the author’s ideas, contrast them with your own ideas, and then provide evidence to justify your arguments.
Write the main parts of the paper.
- Introduction includes the name of the text, the author’s name and the thesis. Make sure that you have all these statements in your first paragraph.
- In the body paragraphs state your opinion, discuss the key points of your research, and provide evaluative judgments of the text. Include your own opinion to justify the thesis of the paper.
- Conclusion is a way to sum up your ideas and your last chance to make a good impression. Consequently, it is important to return to the thesis in the introduction (do not paraphrase it, try to come up with the solution) or provide a question for further thinking.
- As a final step, you should proofread your work in order to correct all grammatical and spelling mistakes and punctuation errors. Remove any unnecessary words.
- Make sure that your paper includes cohesive reaction and is written due to the teacher’s instructions.
- Find a person that will become your essay rater or essay editor to provide a double check before the submission.
How to Write Essay about Traveling
Developing the topic of your essay
- This basic step is the most important as it directs your further research. First of all, you should gather all the facts you know about traveling and analyze your own experience.
- Essay about traveling can be practically about anything: rules that should be remembered during the trip, the unforgettable experience, your own ideas and dreams, the ways of traveling and so on.
- Make sure that you can support the chosen essay topic with the facts from your life and reliable statistical data, otherwise it may affect your grade and the general power of your ideas.
Structure your essay
Divide your paper into the following parts:
- Introduction should include a thesis statement that reflects the main idea of your essay. For instance, if you choose to write about hitchhiking, you can use the following thesis, “Although hitchhiking is considered to be the cheapest and the most popular way of traveling among the young people, the one should remember that the danger of hitchhiking has recently increased”.
- Unveil your strongest ideas in the body paragraphs and support it with evidence. Try to find the solution to the problem of your essay and provide your own opinion about it.
- As the last part of your essay, the conclusion should include your final statement and the question for further discussion.
- Develop captivating title to draw reader’s attention. Your title should persuade people to read your work till the end. Use no more than 8 words in your title.
- Do not forget to proofread your paper and check it on spelling and grammatical errors. Avoid punctuation mistakes and repetitive words.
- Analyze your language. Do not use contractions or low-flown vocabulary.
- Make sure that your paragraphs unveil the main idea of the essay stated in the thesis.
Travel Essay Sample
The Benefits of Traveling
Traveling is one of the most popular activities and is a great way to spend free time or vacation. In addition, it helps to clear mind after the months of hard work and opens a new view on things. So, is it just a way to relax or something more? Can people benefit from traveling?
All around the world people gather together and travel to other countries in order to learn something new and have a nice rest. However, during the trip a brave adventurer can face various obstacles and is supposed to deal with them, find the solution. That is how people gain priceless experience which they cannot learn from books. Travelers can see themselves from the other sides and learn how to cope with difficult unexpected situations. For instance, looking for a railroad station without a map or any knowledge of language can be very demanding task for the tourist and requires special abilities. Moreover, it is a great chance to meet new people and develop your communicative skills.
As a matter of fact, traveling can change the worldview of a person and the regular way of thinking. People get up from a couch, step out of comfort zone and pack their stuff in order to explore other countries and new cultures. Naturally, it can be hugely stressful to a person, nevertheless, it is a great opportunity to change life for good. While traveling, it is important to visit national museums and galleries as it will help to understand the mentality of the country and start seeing things from another perspective. Cultural exchange is an essential part of traveling that helps to develop personality and create new unforgettable memories.
To sum up, traveling is not just an entertainment or a way to relax, but a great chance to open your world to the new possibilities and gain immeasurable experience.
Best Travel Essay Topics List for 2017
If you consider travel essay writing, these topics will be useful for you:
- Pros and cons of couchsurfing: meet and stay with locals from every part of the world.
- What does traveling influence person?
- If you were going to stay on an island and could take a few items with you, what would it be and why?
- What was the best traveling experience for you and why?
- What are the rules you should remember about when you are going on a trip?
- If you could travel back in time which century would you choose and which places of interest would you visit and why?
- Describe the worst vacation you have ever had. What actions would you take to prevent this from happening again?
- If you had a chance to travel anywhere you want, which place would you choose and why?
- The importance of traveling with your friends.
- The benefits of traveling alone.
- Describe the time when you traveled alone. What obstacles did you face? Did you learn something new about yourself?
- Tips for safe hitchhiking.
- My first experience of hitchhiking.
- What you should know about hitchhiking in my country.
- Have you ever considered working as a guide? Which city would you choose to work?
- Name advantages and disadvantages of the profession of a guide.
- Which way of traveling do you consider the most comfortable and why?
- The benefits of traveling by car.
- Name pros and cons of traveling by air.
- The advantages and disadvantages of traveling by sea.
- My first trip by train. The benefits of traveling by train.
- Write tips for a person who wants to visit your hometown.
- Compare reading books and traveling. Which way is more reliable to learn about the world?
- What can you learn about different cuisines while traveling?
- Have you ever dreamt about space travel? What would it be like?
Traveling - The First Thing on Your To-Do List
There is nothing quite like traveling, like seeing a new place for the first time or returning to a favorite place. People of all ages, from all countries, travel to foreign places for many different reasons – namely work, family and leisure. Whether by plane, train, ship or automobile, travel is generally a pleasurable experience, at least for the people who can financially afford comfortable and safe methods of travel. But it has more benefits than satisfying one’s need to make money, as well as to see loved ones and enjoy one’s self on vacation. There are other benefits of traveling that many people often overlook.
HOW DIETING AND EXERCISING CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE?
One of the traveling benefits is finding and keeping humility. Too often, people get wrapped up in their lives, their daily routine of working, sleeping, eating and living. They become self-absorbed to the point it affects their health, their happiness, and their perspective.
It’s a great, big world out there with billions and billions of people, who each day live their life and have their own unique experiences.
Travel reminds those paying attention that they are not the only ship in the sea, that this is a huge world and that they are only a small, insignificant pea in it. This is quite a humbling experience – to go to another country and see large numbers of peoples living differently, and coming to understand how large the crazy world actually is. When people who learn return home, they keep with them this perspective for the rest of their life and they benefit from this is knowledge and perspective.
Another benefit to traveling is coming to see one’s native country in a different light, in a different way. This is done through being able to compare and contrast home from a foreign location, done most always through traveling. A new perspective may be formed.
Away from home, one comes to understand what “home” actually is and what it means.
Perhaps their native country is not as free as they had been told or originally thought it to be, for example. One does not understand what it means to be a citizen of their native country until they have seen it from a distance, from another, completely different country. When traveling elsewhere and having to live according to a foreign place’s laws and social norms, one immediately thinks of how things are done in their own country and culture and begins to favor one way or another. This changes how one feels about their native country, whether in a better or worse light. This notion can be applied to various characteristics, such women’s rights, human rights, customs and traditions, beliefs, a trust of government, etc. Traveling is always beneficial for the individual experiencing it.
Another great benefit to traveling is the life experience. Many people in the world do not have the luxury of going to another country for pleasure, or even to another city in their native country for that matter.
Traveling gets a person out of their comfort zone, away from all their normal pleasures and comforts and way of doing things.
This forces them to be adventurous, to live life to the fullest, to take the most of this precious gift of life and use the time they have to discover new things, meet new people and experience a completely different life – much like people experience when reading fictional stories: They get to become whoever they are reading about, just like in travel they get to become the citizens of the country they are visiting, even if for just a short time. They live outside themselves.
To conclude, traveling is good for a person of any age. It not only helps people to form a better understanding of themselves, their beliefs and their lives, it also provides people with a better understanding of the world in which they live, even if it's beyond their immediate environment. And it may even help a person to feel connected to the many people living in the world, even if their lives never meet, even if their lives are so completely different that they may as well be from different planets.
There are no hesitations. Go. Privatewriting.com will take care of your academic success. Just place an order and get ready for the trip.