The Americanism Educational Leaders and Pepperdine University Libraries are glad to announce its annual “Collegiate Essay Contest” helping people. The contest is open to current US undergraduate college or university students. The program is meant to encourage students to learn about, understand and appreciate some aspect of the American experience.
The Pepperdine Libraries provide a global gateway to knowledge, serving the diverse and changing needs of our learning community through personalized service at our campus locations and rich computer-based resources.
Award Amount: $5000
Deadline: June 30, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not known
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen.
- Applicants must be a current undergraduate college or university student.
Instructions for Applying:
The essay should be emailed to AEL-at-pepperdine.edu
In order to apply applicants must write 1,500 and 2,000 words essay.
- Describe your understanding of American exceptionalism, and, drawing an example from current events, discuss how that example demonstrates American exceptionalism in global relations, freedom, and/or democracy.
- The essay should be typed and double-spaced.
- The first place winner will receive: $2,500
- The second place winner will receive: $1,500
- The third place winner will receive: $1,000
Detailed Information Link:
For any queries, you can email at AEL-at-pepperdine.edu
This essay contest is for current undergraduate college and university students in the United States who are US citizens. Each student is allowed one essay on the following prompt: "Describe your understanding of American exceptionalism, and, drawing an example from current events, discuss how that example demonstrates American exceptionalism in global relations, freedom, and/or democracy." Essays must be between 1,500 and 2,000 words in length and will be judged not on the basis of agreement or disagreement with the views of Americanism Educational Leaders or on the length of their bibliographies, but on their internal logic, coherence, originality, thoughtfulness, and evidence of sound research.
How easy is it to apply?
This scholarship has application requirements that could take a lot of time and effort.
How much competition is there?
You will be competing against a pretty high number of people for this scholarship.
|Deadline:|| Jun 30|
|Award Range:||$1,000 - $2,500|